James Hardie Siding - Hardiplank siding 50 Year Warranty? Don't count on it!!!
I bought 100 sticks of hardiplank in the late 90's with the plans of residing my garage. It has (haha) a 50 year transferable warranty, American company...plus they had a piece of siding sitting in a jar of water on the counter at the store which they claim was there for 5 years. It was expensive, but hey, 50 year warranty. What could go wrong.
Well I went to (finally) put it on and it crumbles to dust. Way to fragile to use. I call the company and I have to fill out papers, send pictures, find the original receipt (yeah, who has that 18 years later- but I did!!). Then they call and deny the claim, saying because it wasn't installed, they won't honor their 50 year warranty. They say it would have to have been kept in dry storage for them to honor it.
I told them the lumber store keeps it in a bottle of water and they claim it's still warranted! I told her to send me the warranty info from the 90's, she promised she would, but never did.
Hardiplank makes a great product, but when they boast about their warranty and standing behind it, it is a big lie!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hardiplank Siding
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- "We bought a brand new house in Luckey Ranch, on US 90 West, San Antonio, Texas. It's been only six months since we moved in. So far, we have..."
- "Handyman Service, Portland, Maine I hired Tracy Hayes from Home Advisor (Portland, ME) to repair my deck as per the original deck design. I wanted pressure treated wood, I specified that..."
- "Having worked for nine years and had Frontier service as long. They have Tech's that will add services to your billing and until you discover it they won't return any..."
- "Name is Nagesh.I placed an order at for SUBWAY lower parel phoenix mill store at 2.25 PM and got messge that it will get delivered by 3.10pm . no one..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."